Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Food Challenge Week 1

Success! I did not eat meat yesterday :) So, that means I have accomplished my goal of "Meatless Monday" for one week. Only 3 more to go this month.
I didn't eat as healthy as I would have liked yesterday. But, as the quote says "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail". I probably should go to the grocery store soon...

Anyway, here are a few more fun things that Healthy Utah sent to me today.

Want a Reusable Bag for Your Local Produce?
Healthy Utah will give away reusable bags to the first 50 people to visit us at the Salt Lake City Downtown Farmers Market on June 18th from 8:00 - 10:00 AM next to Borski's Farmers booth (street side, 300 South, across from Uffen's market place) at the downtown SLC farmers market. Or, if you attend your own local farmers market, CSA, or Co-Op, take a picture of yourself there and email it to us ( healthyutah@utah.gov ) and we'll mail you a reusable bag!

What's in season in Utah in June?
Basil, Blueberries, Chives, Cherries, Dill, Fennel, Garlic, Lettuce, Mint, New Potatoes, Parsley, Peas, Radishes, Scallions/green onions, Spinach, Snap peas/snow peas/pea pods, Strawberries.



Yum, maybe I need to go to the Farmer's Market :)



Also, here is something that would be fun to do :)

Plant perennial herbs near the house so you’ll be sure to use them. Mediterranean herbs,
including rosemary, oregano and thyme don’t need good soil or much water and do
well in planters.




:) This way I could make yummy breads or pizza dough with rosemary as well as test my skills in keeping plants alive :/ I love rosemary!

No comments:

Post a Comment