Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kohlrabi

Another thing that Health Utah sent me, is a list of plants that you can still plant this month. Here is the list...

It’s not too late to plant basil, beans, beets, carrots, cucumbers, eggplant, kale, kohlrabi,melons, peppers, pumpkins, squash, tomatoes, and turnips.

There are a few of those items that I would like to plant. The one I want to plant the most is kale so that I can make kale chips. (Also, I think kale would be hard to kill)

But, I was curious about what kohlrabi is. I read on the link in this post that it is often used in Indian Cuisine :) yummy
Here is a picture of it...



And here is a link to some recipes :) I am looking forward to having time to cook and to try some new recipes soon.

btw if you click on the recipe link you will see where I got the pictures for this post...

ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment