Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Highlights

I was riding Trax home last night and the girl that sat next to me was reading the Ensign. She was actually reading the exact same article that I was going to read next. I was in the middle of reading the book "Specials" and had the Ensign in my bag. I felt like maybe I should read my Ensign instead. I didn't pull it out because I was pretty in to my book and I had studied my scriptures earlier. But I was grateful for this girl and her desire to read the Ensign. It was a good example for me and also made me aware that there are a lot of people out there who are trying to live the principles of the gospel and to stay close to Christ. It made me want to be better.

I read the Ensign this morning, and then decided that I wanted to watch or listen to something on lds.org. I chose to listen to last April's highlights from conference. I love conference time and sometimes wish it was every weekend.

The funny thing is that I realized as I was thinking this, that it can be conference every day. I just need to choose to listen to or study a talk :) I love the power of the spirit that I feel when I hear the prophet and the apostles speak. These highlights are good.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Conference every day?! Yeah! Love this idea and it's true! Thanks for posting this Lar. :)

    ReplyDelete