Tuesday, September 6, 2011

House of Learning

I checked this book out from the library a couple weeks ago and started to read it last night before I went to sleep.



I had glanced through it's pages and automatically assumed it was a fluffy, feel good type of book. I decided to give it a second try and actually read it. I found that it was simple but gave me some good ideas of how I can get more out of going to the temple. I typically go because I feel peace there and I know that I am doing service for others. But, I have never been one of those people that feels like they get a lot of answers.

First of all, I don't always go to the temple with a question in mind. Secondly, I focus more on how I feel than I do about paying attention, learning, and applying gospel principles while I am there. This book talked about how if you pay attention at the temple and look for the gospel principles that are taught that it does become a house of learning. Reading this gave me the desire to make my temple attendance more meaningful. I think I will probably start getting more out of it :)

This is a really quick read as well. I started it last night and finished this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment