Tuesday, March 8, 2011

UTA- the bus


Yesterday, I decided to be brave and take the bus to work. One of my co-worker's, who is also my neighbor, told me that there is a bus stop close to where we live. It is about 6 minutes away, so I decided to give it a try. I also decided to check the weather report last night in order to dress appropriately. The weather said it would be rainy with a high of 45 degrees. (I had a bad experience last week with not checking the weather report. I had to stand in the hail in flats with no socks for 15 minutes during a fire drill because someone burnt their popcorn in the microwave on the 2nd floor.)

I left my house yesterday at 6:30 a.m. and made it to the bus stop for the 6:40 pick up. It was kind of exciting and scary at the same time. I am so used to driving myself to work that it is hard to rely on the bus system. It was great though, because I was able to get all of my scripture reading done on the way to work and also some reading for school.

I decided after making it to work this morning safely and after finding out that I get a free bus pass from work, to go ahead and turn in my parking pass and to commit to riding the bus at least for this month. Ahhhh!
Time to save some money, since gas prices just went up and will probably get even higher.

I was actually very excited about this choice, even when it was snowy and pretty cold this afternoon. Good thing I looked at the weather report, but too bad it didn't say anything about snow. My feet were pretty wet by the time I finished cleaning off my car when I got back to the park and ride. It had snowed pretty hard by the time I got off the bus at 6:40.

I guess its good to say I am committed to something? Even if it is just a bus trip to work :) I successfully took the bus to work again today and am very happy with my choice. It's nice to be able to relax on the way to work and to not have to drive in the snow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment